ATP architects engineers we strive to change the world positively through excellent buildings. We are delighted when our clients share this aspiration. This means that we can travel the journey towards sustainable design together.
Today, the only way to create sustainable buildings is through integrated design. All participants in the design and engineering process work together simultaneously and across disciplines to produce the most innovative and sustainable solutions. Only integrated design can fully address the entire lifecycle of the building and all three pillars of sustainability.
The three-pillar model for the design of sustainable buildings
- The economical pillar demands cost optimisation for the entire life of the building.
- The ecological pillar requires creative energy capable of developing resource-efficient solutions.
- The social pillar challenges us to produce buildings which satisfy users and other stakeholders and enhance the urban context.
The result is a complex set of requirements for designers which we at ATP address in an interdisciplinary design process involving architects and engineers. As integrated designers we have practiced and matured this process in our own offices for decades.
Our research company for sustainability
ATP’s in-house research company ATP sustain explores scientific aspects of sustainability and structural physics and delivers DGNB, BREEAM, LEED, ÖGNI and Minergie-eco certification services to interested property owners and clients.
Our sustainable way of working
Our way of working is the rigorous application of the logical if-then-relationship to the construction of sustainable buildings:
- IF I want to create a sustainable building, THEN I have to consider the lifecycle of the building during the design phase
- IF I want to consider the lifecycle of the building, THEN I have to design the building using integrated design.
- If I practice integrated design, THEN I need suitable design instruments that optimally support not only the planning and construction process, but also the operation of the building. This is why we have used BIM (Building Information Modeling) since 2008
Our sustainable commitment
The commitment of ATP architects engineers to the subject of sustainability goes far beyond our project work:
- ATP’s own integrated design process carries ISO 9001 Certification.
- ATP architects engineers is a founding member of the DGNB (German Sustainable Building Council) and the ÖGNI (Austrian Sustainable Building Council). In these bodies we are active in working groups developing new certification systems for industrial and retail buildings.
- ATP is co-founder of the Austrian “Lifecycle Construction” interest group and played a leading role on the board in the development of a new code of practice that was presented in 2013.